Why You May Need a Fertility Clinic
Many couples who are trying to get pregnant wonder when is the right time to move on from the Ob/Gyn's office to a fertility clinic. A fertility clinic like HRC Fertility is a physician's office that specializes in reproductive endocrinology and infertility (REI). REI is a subspecialty of obstetrics and gynecology that addresses hormone functioning as it pertains to reproduction and infertility in both women and men.
When is the right time for a consultation with a fertility clinic? Here are some indications that the time may be right:
- You are a woman who is under 35 and have tried to get pregnant for one year without success or you are a woman who is over 35 and have tried to get pregnant for six months without success.
- You are a woman who has had two or more miscarriages, particularly if you are over 35.
- You are a woman with a history of endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, tubal disease, sexually transmitted diseases, ectopic pregnancies, tubal sterilization or other condition that could compromise your ability to get pregnant.
- You are a man with a history of infertility, infection of the prostate, sexually transmitted diseases or a surgical sterilization.
- You are a same-sex couple that wants to build your family with egg donation, sperm donation and/or surrogacy.
These are merely indications that it is time to have a consultation at a fertility clinic. The decision to visit a fertility clinic is when the time is right for you.