Ask A Physician

1-866-HRC-4IVF (472-4483)

Schedule an Appointment

En Español   中文服务

  1. Hidalgo
  2. Male Infertility
  3. Wednesday, 15 May 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
Is There A Way For Man With A T12 Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury To Have Kids?
Responses (1)
DrNorian Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
The short answer is yes! However, I would likely refer you to a reproductive urologist that I work closely with in order to give you a more precise answer and the highest likelihood of success. Each injury is slightly different and may present unique challenges. The most common method would be to perform a microscopic sperm aspiration procedure in order retrieve sperm suitable for fertilizing your partner's egg/oocyte.

Hope that this helps. Spinal cord injuries are becoming more common, but with the current technologies available to us as reproductive specialists we are very often able to help couples have children.

Edited by DrNorian - 16.05.2013 19:03
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Male Infertility
  3. # 1
  • Page :
  • 1

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.