Ask A Physician

1-866-HRC-4IVF (472-4483)

Schedule an Appointment

En Español   中文服务

  1. slaterms10
  2. Male Infertility
  3. Monday, 03 November 2014
  4.  Subscribe via email
My husband has had a vasectomy about a year ago. I understand that our options for another child at this point would be IVF with ICSI. My question is what type of sperm aspiration procedures do you offer at HRC, specifically the Encino office (PESA, TESA etc.)? Also, is he under anesthesia or are you able to do the procedure with just a local?
Accepted Answer
DrFeinman Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
First of all, with a vasectomy that is only a year old, reversal of the vasectomy is still a viable option.
When sperm aspiration for IVF is chosen, we usually work with urologists who perform the procedure for us. The choice of the procedure is theirs to make. Most of them use light general anesthesia, but local is sometimes an option. Again, this choice is between your husband and the urologist.
If you would like to discuss these options in more detail before seeing a urologist, please call 818-788-7288 to schedule a phone or office consultation with me.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Male Infertility
  3. # Permalink
Responses (1)

There are replies in this post but you are not allowed to view the replies from this post.