Ask A Physician

1-866-HRC-4IVF (472-4483)

Schedule an Appointment

En Español   中文服务

  1. HRC Anonymous User
  2. Male Infertility
  3. Tuesday, 26 February 2013
  4.  Subscribe via email
Hello to everybody,

Sorry for my English but I have to write to this forum.

My name is Nick. My wife and I have been unable to get pregnant. We tried for one year with no results. Yesterday I took a Spermogram test and my diagnosis was Oligoasthenoteratospermia. I was shocked. Can I recover from this diagnosis?
What chances do I have to get my wife pregnant? What techniques? What should I do?

Thanks a lot
Responses (1)
DrFeinman Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Generally, there is no cure for abnormal semen quality, although you might want to see a urologist to see if you have a varicoele, which is a varicose vein of the scrotum. Sometimes a minor surgery helps this. Without knowing the exact numbers involved, it is hard to advise you. Depending on the results, most men can father children thorough artificial insemination or in-vitro fertilization. Before seeing a urologist, it is usually best to include a reproductive endocrinologist like one of us. If you live in Southern California, please call 818-788-7288 to arrange a consultation with an HRC doctor close to where you live.
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Male Infertility
  3. # 1
  • Page :
  • 1

There are no replies made for this post yet.
However, you are not allowed to reply to this post.