Ask A Physician

1-866-HRC-4IVF (472-4483)

Schedule an Appointment

En Español   中文服务

  1. aneeth
  2. Infertility Discussion
  3. Thursday, 24 September 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
After an FET cycle, I was pregnant and found a heartbeat at 6 weeks. However, at 6w5d, the heartbeat stopped and I only had slight spotting. It has been 4 weeks now and there is no sign of bleeding. My cervix is closed and an empty sac is seen intact in US.
I am confused if I should do a D&C or take the pill to induce abortion? I am leaning towards D&C as the pill seem to be quite a painful journey. I just want to clear it and move on. Is it really risky to do a D&C after this stage? I am at 10weeks since LMP, and the sac is currently 2cm in size. The embryo died when it was 8mm.
Please advise.
Accepted Answer
DrCoffler Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hi Ann,
I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate outcome, it is not uncommon, though.
As far as how to resolve it - D&C is usually the quickest way and it is relatively safe, but you and your doctor should make this decision based on the advantages and disadvantages, as well as risks and benefits that are associated with each of the methods for resolving the miscarriage.
I wish you all the best and a future successful pregnancy.
Dr. Coffler
Responses (1)

There are replies in this post but you are not allowed to view the replies from this post.