Ask A Physician

1-866-HRC-4IVF (472-4483)

Schedule an Appointment

En Español   中文服务

  1. shirleypech22
  2. Male Infertility
  3. Friday, 16 January 2015
  4.  Subscribe via email
I am a 26 year old female, (according to blood work I am good). My husband was diagnosed with hypogonadism in 2012. We live in Portland OR and we haven’t had success finding a doctor who is knowledgeable in the topic. I saw that you clinic treats patients with hypogonadism (with extremely low LH and FSH). My husband blood work indicate the following:

LH level - 1 mlU/ml
FSH level- 2 mlU/ml

His endocrinologist has him on HCG injections 3 times a week, which have brought his T. levels from 79 ng/dl to 593 ng/dl ( which is good I think). His semen sample is low on everything as well! Very low in the doctors opinion.

My main concern is that his endocrinologist is NOT a fertility doctor and most likely doesn’t know where to go from here.

We are willing to visit HRC if the clinic treats patients with hypogonadism as it states that LH and FSH have to be extremely low. Are this levels considered extremely low or just low ?
Accepted Answer
DrCoffler Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hello shirleypech22, I believe that your husband is being treated adequately, but sperm may achieve normal values only after very long treatment in the range of months to years. In order to conceive faster, you may want to consider advanced fertility technologies, and we can gladly assist you with that.
In order to get started, you can call my office and set up a phone or Skype consult. We gained a lot of experience with men with this similar condition, and IVF offers the best and quickest results.
Dr Coffler
  1. more than a month ago
  2. Male Infertility
  3. # Permalink
Responses (1)

There are replies in this post but you are not allowed to view the replies from this post.