Ask A Physician

1-866-HRC-4IVF (472-4483)

Schedule an Appointment

En Español   中文服务

Resolved Fibroids

  1. evelyna79
  2. Infertility Discussion
  3. Monday, 15 January 2018
  4.  Subscribe via email
I have uterine fibroids and a enlarged uterus according to the last ultrasound I had done. Should I consult with my regular OB/GYN before I try IVF or can the doctors at HCR fertility treat my condition before attempting IVF?
Accepted Answer
DrChavkin Accepted Answer Pending Moderation
Hi Thank you for posting your question about fibroids. The effect of fibroids on fertility and your ability to carry a pregnancy really depends on the size and location of the fibroids. Your fertility doctor at HRC will perform an ultrasound at your first visit and can tell you a little more about whether your fibroids are the type that need to be removed prior to fertility treatment. If the fibroid is not large and does not impact the uterine cavity (where the baby will grow) then the fibroid may not need to be removed. So I think the best course of action would be to first see your fertility doctor and then if the fibroids have to be removed either your fertility doctor can help you with that or he/she can refer you back to your ob/gyn if that is needed. Please feel free to reach out to me by email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. should you have any further questions. -Dr. Diana Chavkin
Responses (1)

There are replies in this post but you are not allowed to view the replies from this post.